Allergens & dietary requirements
- 300 g egg white
- 100 g icing sugar
- 20 g citric acid
- 500 g sugar
- 250 g cranberry coulis
- 100 g cranberry coulis
- Beat the egg whites in a food mixer until soft peaks start to form and then add the icing sugar and citric acid.
- Beat again until soft peaks start to form.
- Heat the sugar and 250g cranberry coulis to 115°C and pour immediately on to the egg-white mixture while the mixer turns.
- Beat at medium speed until the mixture starts to form soft peaks again.
- Now, fold in 100g of the cranberry coulis to give the meringue its wonderful zesty flavour.
- Use it immediately, as shown in the photograph, with or without caramelising it with a blow torch.
- Grease the silicone mats with baking spray.
- Spread the meringue onto the mats or pipe into the desired shape.
- Dry in the oven at 79°C on a low fan speed for 6 hours, leaving the steamvalve of the oven open.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Delicious in a dessert with white chocolate, beetroot, and hazelnuts.
- Combines well with cinnamon, caramel, and whipping cream.
- Perfect in a dish featuring almonds, dark chocolate, and orange.