This is a special flavour enhancer for dishes and other preparations. Can be used as a unique substitute for normal salt in a dish. Adds a lot of umami in addition to the salt.
Creation by Wouter van Laarhoven, Wynwood restaurant, Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,900 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Cut the bacon into thin slices on the meat slicer.
- Finely dice (brunoise) the slices of bacon.
- Bake in a fan oven at 140°C until crispy.
- Finely grind in a blender.
- As a flavour enhancer for an endless number of dishes.
- As an ingredient for further recipes, such as the bacon crumble.