Baked Jerusalem artichoke skins (savoury/sweet)
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Wash the Jerusalem artichokes and cook them with the peel on in water with a little salt.
- Cut the Jerusalem artichokes in half and scrape the flesh out with a spoon. Use the flesh of the Jerusalem artichokes for a smooth purée or even for a sorbet.
- Dry the skins at 65°C for 10 hours.
- Then deep fry them in oil at 160°C until golden and crispy.
- Season to taste with salt for a savoury snack, or sprinkle with some icing sugar for a sweet twist.
- The sweet version can be used as part of a dessert with a Jerusalem artichoke sorbet, citrus fruits, and ginger.
- The savoury version can be used to top off a soup or salad, as an entremets, or as a crisp to accompany a fish dish.