Thanks to the way in which it is prepared, this tomato dish has a lovely charcoal barbecue flavour: a perfect combination of flavours.
Creation by Wouter van Laarhoven, De Molen* restaurant, Kaatsheuvel, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,600 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Cut a criss-cross pattern into the bottom of the tomatoes and immerse them in plenty of boiling water to loosen the skins.
- Quickly cool the tomatoes and pull the skins upwards, leaving them attached.
- Smoke on the barbecue with apple wood.
- Delicious with grilled fish with firm flesh.
- With fried, grilled or barbecued meat.
- As an amuse-bouche with puffed rice or popcorn.