Bird's nest of mangetout chiffonade
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,500 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Clean the mangetout by trimming the edges and removing the tough string.
- Finely chiffonade the mangetout.
- Fill a pan with water and 1% salt and bring this to the boil.
- Blanch the mangetout in plenty of water until al dente. This takes approximately one minute.
- Cool immediately in iced water.
- Drain thoroughly in a sieve.
- Loosely arrange the mangetout chiffonade in a cutter to create a bird's nest. You can braise the mangetout chiffonade in a little butter to warm them before shaping it into a bird's nest.
- As a component in a starter or entremets with meat or fish, or in a vegetarian dish.
- In a composition with sea bass, bacon, lamb, or beef.
- Wrap a few chiffonade ribbons around a pair of tweezers to create a roll.