Blanched haricots verts
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Clean and trim the haricots verts by chopping off the ends.
- Fill a pan with water and 1% salt and bring this to the boil.
- Blanch the haricot verts in plenty of water until al dente. This will take approximately three minutes.
- Immediately cool in iced water.
- Drain thoroughly in a sieve.
- Right before serving, braise the haricot verts in a little butter to warm them, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a composition with cod, fennel, cauliflower, or leeks.
- In a composition with sirloin steak, bacon, potato, or tomato.
- As a basic ingredient for an Asian stir-fry.
- As a basic ingredient for classic bacon-wrapped beans.