If you wish to boil potatoes that you don't want to mash, use a more waxy variety. You can also turn them (tourner) according to the classic method if you like. This technique gives even a simple boiled potato the necessary allure.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,950 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Peel the potatoes. Remove any eyes. Turn if desired (tourner). Save the scraps for a purée or another dish.
- Put the potatoes in a pan with plenty of cold water and a little salt.
- Bring to the boil and gently boil until done. Make sure that the potatoes stay firm.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Carefully pour off the remaining water.
- Use as a garnish in a main course.
- Flavour with e.g. a green herb butter or some quality olive oil.