Burnt onion powder
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
yellow onions, sliced into 5mm-thick rounds
- Preheat the oven to 300°C.
- Place the onion rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until burnt and completely dried, approximately 1 hour.
- Allow the onions to cool.
- Transfer the onions to a Thermomix and process into a fine powder.
- Sift through a fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl.
- As part of a composition, e.g. with duck and onion components.