Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,900 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Thoroughly rinse the celeriac and wash off any sand.
- Grate the celeriac, peel and all.
- Weigh the celeriac and add 2% salt according to the weight.
- Pull vacuum completely and leave to ferment at room temperature for at least seven days.
- Dry at 70°C for 30 minutes on a silicone mat, so that the liquid adheres to the celeriac.
- Smoke in a smoker with oak wood chips until the celeriac is completely infused with a strong, smoky flavour.
- Dry the celeriac at 60°C for twelve hours.
- Store in an airtight container or in vacuum sealer bags.
- You could use any offcuts from the celeriac and finely chop it up instead of grating it.
- As a basis for a vegan dashi that you could use to make miso soup.