Cold-cooked cherries in lemon brandy
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Slice the cherries all the way round across the pit.
- Halve them, and remove the pit with the tip of a knife.
- Place the cherries in a flat tray that fits in the vacuum machine.
- Pour the brandy over the cherries to just cover them. For this technique, you can use the same brandy multiple times.
- Draw the vacuum three times to impregnate the cherries with the brandy.
- As a garnish with meat, poultry or game dishes, e.g. with venison, potato and celeriac.
- As part of a dessert with cherry components, yoghurt or citrus fruits.
- Use with chocolat, cocoa nibs and hazelnut.