Cold-cooked egg yolk
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white, use the egg white for another recipe.
- Place the egg yolk in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
- Let thaw, the yolk is now as creamy as butter.
- In combination with asparagus.
- As a bread topping, sprinkled with a little fleur de sel.
- As a basis for a rich, creamy sauce.