Crispy baked sweet potato skin
A classic "waste to taste" component. This is the skin of the steamed sweet potato that is dried and deep fried to make it fluffy and crispy.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,950 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Steam the sweet potatoes in a steamer at 130°C and steam at 50% for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin and use the cooked sweet potato for a different preparation.
- Dry the skin for several hours in an oven or drying cabinet at 70°C.
- Deep-fry quickly in peanut oil at 180°C until it starts to puff up.
- Drain on paper towels.
- As a garnish for starters, entremets, and main dishes.
- As a snack with an aubergine crème and crème fraîche.