Cutting oranges à vif
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,900 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Remove the top and bottom of the orange using a sharp chef’s knife.
- Place the orange on one of the flat sides.
- Cut the peel away from the flesh in one smooth movement from top to bottom.
- Take the fruit in your hand and cut the segment along the membrane.
- Tilt the knife a quarter turn when you get to the bottom to release the flesh from the other membrane. Now cut the segment to the top again.
- Repeat until you have cut out all the segments.
- Remove any pits from the segments. Squeeze the juice from the membranes that remain and use for another preparation.
- Use in salads, cocktails, and desserts.