Double-podded broad beans
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Remove the beans from the pod.
- Blanch the beans in plenty of water until al dente. This takes about two minutes.
- Immediately cool in iced water.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Shell the beans a second time. Press the bottom of the bean between your thumb and index finger to easily release the bean from the skin.
- Braise the beans in a little butter to warm them just before serving.
- As a vegetable garnish with cod, plaice, or veal loin.