Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Remove the peas from the pod.
- Fill a pan with water and 1% salt and bring this to the boil.
- Blanche the peas in plenty of water. This takes approximately one minute.
- Cool immediately in iced water.
- Drain thoroughly in a sieve.
- Shell the peas a second time. Press the bottom of the pea between your thumb and index finger to easily release the pea from the skin.
- Right before serving, braise the peas in a little butter to warm them, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a lamb and/or veal dish.
- In a dish with lobster or langoustine.
- In a dish with green asparagus, bacon, and poached egg.