The drying process not only increases the mushrooms' shelf life, there are also notable changes in flavour. This is many times more intense.
Creation by Emile, De Nieuwe Winkel restaurant, Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,950 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Briefly wash the mushrooms.
- Cut into thin slices and distribute across the racks of a rotary dryer.
- Dry in a drying cabinet at 40°C for eight hours.
- Use as a flavour enhancer in soups, sauces, and stocks.
- Can be ground into a powder and added directly to a dish or just before serving.