Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Pour an even layer of sugar in the pan and slowly heat this on a low heat.
- Once the sugar starts to melt, gently swirl the pan and allow the sugar to dissolve equally. Use a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to move sugar from the edges of the pan to the centre.
- Heat the sugar until the desired temperature and colour are reached.
- As the base for caramelised nuts.
- As a basis for caramel sauce or toffee.
- As a decoration with added brittleness.