Dulce de leche
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Place the can in a pot and add enough water to cover the entire can.
- Bring the water to the boil and continue boiling gently for two hours. You can also place the can in the steamer oven for two hours at 100°C.
- After two hours, quickly cool the can in cold water.
- Open the can and use the caramelised milk in a dessert or as an ingredient in a different preparation.
- As a component in a dessert with banana, apricot, or mango.
- As a basis for a ganache where the dulce de leche replaces the cream and invert sugar.
- As an ingredient for making ice cream.