Fresh coconut smoked in its own shell
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Bring the temperature of the barbecue or Big Green Egg to 80°C.
- Clean the coconut and keep the shells.
- Place the shells in the charcoal until they start to smoke.
- Smoke the shells for about fifteen minutes.
- Serve with fish for a Thai touch.
- Serve with a Thai prawn soup.
- As a basic ingredient in a crumble.