King oyster mushroom noodles
Creation by Onno Kokmeijer, Ciel Bleu** restaurant, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,900 components and hundreds of compositions!
big king oyster mushrooms (eryngii)
- Remove the caps from the king oyster mushrooms.
- Cut the stems lengthwise into thin slices on a meat slicer set to position 3.
- Cut these slices into 5mm strips to make noodles.
- Blanch the mushroom noodles in boiling water with salt for approximately 30 seconds.
- Sieve and allow to dry thoroughly on paper. The noodles will be reheated in the cream when you finish the dish.
- In a composition with roasted scallops and pata negra ham.
- Pairs well with roasted celeriac, roasted onion, and glazed pork belly.