Leek angel hair
This is a perfect way to use the waste from leek in this waste to taste component. Creation by Joost de Koster, Danny Vanderhoven, Rekem, Belgium.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,700 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Cut off the green part of the leek to use now. Keep the white part for another recipe.
- Halve the green leaves horizontally with a very sharp knife so that the leaves are half as thick.
- Cut them into fine ribbons approx. 20 cm in length.
- Blanch the ribbons and dry between two tea towels until completely dry.
- Deep-fry small bunches at a time at 170 °C.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
- As an amuse-bouche or vegetable garnish.