Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
oysters, any type
- Fold a kitchen towel in half several times and place in your left hand (or right hand, if you are left-handed).
- Place the oyster in your palm, round side down and with the hinge side towards you.
- Push an oyster knife into the hinge side and pry the shells apart.
- Cut the valve muscle free from the top shell.
- Pour off the liquid, which is pure seawater.
- Now, cut the oyster and valve muscle free and turn over.
- The oyster will now produce its own juice, which will give it its delicate flavour.
- As an amuse-bouche.
- As a starter.
- As a component of a fruits de mer tasting platter.