Poached hen's egg
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Ensure that the egg is as fresh as possible and cold. Chill a small cup in the refrigerator.
- Bring a pan with a layer of at least 4cm water to the boil.
- Create a vortex using a whisk, then leave it alone so that the vortex begins to wane. When the water is around 90ºC,
- break the egg on a skimmer to allow the excess thin egg white to escape. Transfer the egg to the chilled cup.
- Following the direction of the vortex, gently deposit the egg in the water. Poach for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Use a clean skimmer to take the egg out of the water. Carefully pat any excess moisture off the egg with a paper towel and serve immediately.
- To enrich a composition, in which the egg yolk serves as a natural sauce.
- As a component in a salad.
- As a component in a composition with asparagus and cooked ham.