Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,600 components and hundreds of compositions!
potatoes (e.g. Désirée)
- Cook potatoes until tender in salted water.
- Blend in a blender at medium speed until fully smooth. Season with salt to taste and pass through a fine chinoise.
- Compress the potato puree through the Cryovac machine to compress all the air out of the mixture. Spread on non-stick sheets and dehydrate at 60°Cin a dryer .
- Once the papers are fully dry they should easily detach from the sheets. Break into large pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Fry in vegetable oil at 160°C just before use.
- As a component of a main dish, e.g. with bass grouper, pickled tomatoes and sea parsley oil.
- As a crispy garnish in a composition with for example ceviche of sea bass, potato confit and potato mousseline.
- As a component in a fish dish with components of salmon, potato and asparagus.
- As a component in an appetizer, e.g. with garam masala, poached quail eggs and green beens.