Creation by Mark Best, Sydney, Australia.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,700 components and hundreds of compositions!
potatoes (e.g. Désirée)
- Cook potatoes until tender in salted water.
- Blend in a blender at medium speed until fully smooth. Season with salt to taste and pass through a fine chinoise.
- Compress the potato puree through the Cryovac machine to compress all the air out of the mixture. Spread on non-stick sheets and dehydrate in a dryer. Once the papers are fully dry they should easily detach from the sheets. Break into large pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Fry in vegetable oil at 160°C just before use.
- As a component of a main dish, e.g. with bass grouper, pickled tomatoes and sea parsley oil.