Roast beef neck
Creation by Ronald van der Donk, Hotel New York, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,000 components and hundreds of compositions!
chuck eye roll/beef neck
- Trim the beef neck and use the lean part of the cut for this preparation. Use the rest of the piece for a blanquette or for stewing.
- Season the meat with pepper and salt, sear on all sides, and roast in an oven at 95°C with the core temperature set to 55°C.
- Allow the beef neck to rest for half an hour before slicing and serving.
- With a mushroom sauce and mashed potatoes mixed with steamed runner beans and semi-dried tomatoes.
- Serve as a classic main course with Béarnaise sauce and green asparagus.
- Serve with components of potato, artichoke, onion, mushrooms, aubergine, etc.