Rolls of flamed broccoli hearts
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Cut the stem from the broccoli, peel it and cut it square.
- Cut on the slicer at position 0.5 into long slices.
- In a frying pan, heat a dash of oil until shimmering.
- Drop the broccoli ribbons and an ice cube into the pan with the hot oil, and ignite with the flame. Do not panic; the flame cannot escape the pan! Be careful with the flame.
- Shake the pan a few times and transfer the ribbons to a sieve.
- Refrigerate, and when cool, roll up the ribbons.
- If you do not have a gas stove, have a kitchen blowtorch handy to flame the broccoli ribbons. Because the ice will cause spatters, you will only need a very low flame.
- With an escabesche of shellfish and garlic.
- With tai soy and sea bass with lime.