Rump cap: roasted medium rare
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,500 components and hundreds of compositions!
beef rump cap
- Remove the membranes and chain from the meat side of the rump cap. Leave the layer of fat underneath.
- Sprinkle the meat with sea salt and pepper. Place in a fan oven at 160°C with the layer of fat on top.
- Insert a core temperature gauge in the meat and cook the meat until it has a core temperature of 48°C.
- Then leave it to rest under aluminium foil for 20 minutes before cutting the meat.
- In a composition with asparagus and morel components.
- Serve with components such as potato, mushroom, onion, tomato, sweet pepper, courgette, or aubergine.