Scallops with runner beans
A preparation with a beautiful contrast of flavours and textures.
Creation by Jonnie Boer, Librije’s Atelier, Zwolle, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,950 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice thin ribbons down the length of the runner beans.
- Briefly blanch and chill over ice water.
- Shuck the scallops and remove the beards and the coral and keep this for a different preparation. For this preparation we use the meat of the scallop.
- Rinse the meat thoroughly in cold water and place on a dry cloth.
- Cut the meat into four to five thin slices and flatten between two sheets of plastic film using a small saucepan.
- Place the runner bean ribbons on top.
- Briefly place in the blast chiller or freezer until lightly frozen.
- Cut out neatly with a cutter.
- Sprinkle the bottom with a little sea salt and place on the plate.
- Allow to defrost slowly before serving.
- As a component in a composition with pata negra ham, white beans, green apple, and onion.
- As a component in a composition with green legumes, turbot, cucumber, and avocado.