Slow-cooked cube roll
An ideal recipe for larger groups of diners. Cut the cube roll into slices, for instance on the buffet.
Creation by Ronald van der Donk, Hotel New York, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,000 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Trim the cube roll and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in clarified butter.
- Then transfer to an oven at 95°C and cook until the centre reaches 45°C.
- Leave the cube roll to rest for a further 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices just before serving.
- With Hollandaise sauce or green peppercorn sauce.
- Serve the classic way with beurre Maître d'hôtel or another herb butter.
- Serve with components such as potato, mushroom, onion, tomato, sweet pepper, courgette, or aubergine, etc.