Smoked egg yolks
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Rub tablespoons with olive oil and place an egg yolk on each spoon.
- Heat wood chips in a smoker on top of the hob.
- Once the pan starts to smoke, place the spoons with the egg yolks in the smoker.
- Place the lid on the pan, leaving an opening of about a centimetre, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Leave the yolks to smoke for approx. 10 minutes without cooking them.
- As part of a composition e.g. with roasted asparagus and miso.
- As part of a composition e.g. with french bean tagliatelle and pancetta foam.
Start of a further preparation, e.g. as a crème, dehydrated eggyolk or in a batter.