Stewed carrot hearts
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Mark Best glazes the carrot hearts with the clear liquid left over from the preparation of the carrot miso sauce. You can also stew the carrots in a light stock with butter or carrot juice.
- Bring the carrots to a boil with enough carrot juice and add butter to taste.
- Stew the carrots and let the juice evaporate.
- The trick is to stew the carrots and let them glaze in the meantime.
- As a component of a main dish, e.g. with quail and carrot and red miso sauce.
- Use in a composition with components of zucchini, spinach, and beans.
- Use in a composition with components of whitefish, asparagus, and peas.