Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Rinse a cheesecloth or tea towel well in cold water.
- Place the cloth over a large bowl and pour in the yoghurt.
- Tie the cloth closed and hang the resulting bag on a rack over a bowl in a refrigerated area.
- Leave suspended for at least 8 and up to 24 hours. The whey (liquid) will drain out, leaving a creamy, rich yoghurt that can be used as a base for sweet or savoury dishes.
- The whey can be used as a basis for other components, e.g. beurre blanc.
- As a base for a dessert. Usually with vanilla, sugar and cream added.
- As the basis for a cold crème. Try adding black pepper, olive oil and garlic.
- Use in a composition with components of red fruit, berries, and citrus fruit.