The ultimate chips
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,800 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Peel the potatoes and cut into straight, rectangular fries. Make sure that you do not slice them too thinly as you want a big contrast between the crispy outside and the soft centre.
- Gently boil until tender with salt, making sure that they do not fall apart.
- Take out of the pot and drain of the excess water. Allow to cool completely.
- Set to cool and then deep-fry at 125°C for 15 minutes. The outside of the chips will slowly crisp up while the inside remains soft.
- Drain off and refrigerate until use.
- Deep-fry at 175°C just before serving until they are nice and crispy.
- Finish with salt.
- As a component in a composition with sea bass, tomato or yoghurt.
- Delicious with a truffle or vegetable mayonnaise.
- As a side dish.