Toasted fig seeds
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,200 components and hundreds of compositions!
fig seeds, strained from fresh figs
- Remove any remaining flesh by placing the seeds in plenty of cold water and stirring vigorously with a whisk several times. The seeds are lighter than the water and will float to the top while the flesh of the figs sinks to the bottom.
- Strain the seeds and dry in an oven at 60˚C for three hours.
- As soon as the seeds are dry, gently toast them in a little oil.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- As a crunchy component in a dessert, e.g. with fig ice cream.
- Vary the flavour by using an aromatic oil, such as curry oil.