Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 3,600 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Trim the tuna and cut into desired serving sizes.
- Dry the tuna well on paper towels.
- Have an ice water bath ready.
- Brown the tuna on all sides quickly at high temperature. This can be done over an open flame, in a very hot pan or with a blowtorch.
- Immediately submerge the tuna in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Dry with paper towels and refrigerate for about one hour.
- In Japan, the tuna is traditionally marinated in ponzu.
- As a component in a cold starter, e.g. with components of avocado, crab, and corn.
- As a component in a cold starter, e.g. with components of cucumber, quinoa, and avocado.