Whole fried flank steak
The flank steak can be fried just like any other piece of steak. Take note of the long grain of the meat. This steak is best cut across the grain. Recipe for four people.
Creation by Ronald van der Donk, Hotel New York, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 2,600 components and hundreds of compositions!
- Trim the flank steak, season with salt and pepper, and fry in a pan.
- Reduce the heat, and add a large knob of butter. Continue to spoon the melted butter over the steak for about five minutes.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow to rest for ten minutes in a warm place.
- Slice across the grain and serve.
- Serve with chimichurri.
- Serve with home-made chips and French mayonnaise. Serve accompanied with a classic beurre Maître d'hôtel.
- Serve with components such as potato, mushrooms, onion, tomato, sweet pepper, courgette, aubergine, etc.