Avocado, orange and coffee
Inspired by the composition created by Syrco Bakker of restaurant Pure C*. At first glance, this seems like an unusual combination but the various flavours complement one another perfectly. The avocado lends the dessert a creamy touch and goes wonderfully with the tangy bite of the orange and passion fruit. The coffee adds panache.
Dessert, serves 10.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
Preparation method: salad
- Remove the membrane from in between the orange parts.
- Cut the avocado perfectly in half around the pit and remove the pit.
- Spoon the flesh from the half-shells.
- Clean the shells thoroughly, we will use these to pour the sauce.
- Dice the flesh evenly and combine with the orange.
- Dress with a little olive oil and the juice and zest of the lime and orange.
Preparation method: coffee sauce
- Bring the sugar and water to the boil, dissolve the sugar.
- Add the instant coffee and boil briefly.
- Allow the sauce to cool.
Finishing & presentation
- Serve the salad in soup plates and garnish with tiny scoops of passion fruit sorbet.
- Pour the coffee sauce from the empty avocado shells at the table.