Egg with truffle
Chef Stefan van Sprang and Maître Sommelier Robbert Veugenaar own Aan de Poel restaurant. Aan de Poel was opened in 2007 on the shores of a quiet lake in Amstelveen. In 2009, the restaurant, which can seat 80 people, was awarded its first Michelin star, and received its second star four years later.
Stefan grew up in Tilburg, in the province of North Brabant, and was educated at the hotel school there. As the son of a chef and an oenologist, Stefan learned about gastronomy from an early age and always knew that he wanted to become a chef. When he was given the opportunity for an internship, he decided, in sharp contrast to his fellow students who started working at hotels, to take up a position at catering company Maison van den Boer in Veghel. After graduating, Stefan started working at De Swaen** restaurant in Oisterwijk. After this he worked at several other Dutch Michelin-starred restaurants before opening Aan de Poel in 2007.
In addition to the standard menu, Stefan creates a new six-course menu every four weeks. Together with his team, Stefan cooks seasonal dishes inspired by classic French and international cuisine. A selection of his best dishes also feature on the menu of De Kersentuin restaurant of Bilderburg Garden Hotel in Amsterdam.
To celebrate the ten-year anniversary of the restaurant, Stefan and Robbert published a limited edition culinary inspiration book which gives a glimpse behind the scenes and a reflection on the past ten years at the restaurant.
Creation by Stefan van Sprang, Aan de Poel** restaurant, Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
Would you like to view this page?
To see this recipe or part of the website, you need an account. Click on the button below to get a free two-week Gastronomixs trial account. This page and a whole lot of extra features will be accessible immediately!
After the free trial period, you can choose to upgrade to a paid account to retain full access. For just €7 per month or €70 per year, you’ll have access to more than 4,300 components and hundreds of compositions!
Preparation method: truffle foam
- Blend the Parmesan cheese, 700ml milk, and egg yolks in a thermo blender for 20 minutes at 75°C.
- Once the mixture has thickened, add the rest of the ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
- Pass through a sieve.
- Transfer the mixture to a siphon and aerate with two cartridges.
- Serve at 55°C.
Preparation method: egg yolk
- Poach the eggs in the shell at 63°C for 90 minutes.
- Peel the eggs.
- Remove the egg white and store until needed.
Preparation method: potato puree with lemon
- Cook the potatoes in salted water and mash.
- Bring the milk and butter to the boil and add to the puree until it's smooth and creamy. Season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
Finishing & presentation
- Pipe the truffle foam in a deep plate.
- Place the egg in the centre of the foam and season to taste with salt.
- Garnish by grating fresh truffle over it in a straight line.